Subject: npds Digest V1 #3

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:20:05 +0200 (CEST)

<x-charset x-mac-text>------------------------------------
npds Digest	Fri, 13 Oct 2000	Volume: 01  Issue: 003

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Search error?
		[NPDS] Re: List Archive
		[NPDS] PaleoNews is online

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:00:47 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Search error?

>I tried out the search notes function in NPDS and found the note I was looking
>for, but with an odd url. The returned url is:
>http://129.170.56.21/html/-183691048$45.nsd.nsd
>
>Obviously it has an extra.nsd. Is this a problem with other setups, or only on
>my system?

I haven't tried on my server (and currently we are the only two 
online), but this is very likely a bug. I'll track it down and I'll 
fix it with the next release.

Regards,

Paul
-- 
Attention, nouvelle adresse.
New address, please update.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:04:01 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: List Archive

>Is this list being archived on the web somewhere and if so, where?

Actually, no, this is not a service from the mailing lists hosted by 
free. (but we have no ad in exchange, and I hate ads, spams, people 
trying to sell things or distributing tracts to offer you to 
participate to some casting, seminars, ads for carpets, etc. - there 
are so many in the Quartier Latin (a district in inner Paris), it's a 
real pain.

I checked the help file, and it allows to subscribe in digest mode 
and both digest and normal. (to get it, send a mail to 
[email-masked] with help in the digest). I'll advertise this 
feature in the welcome file, because some people may want to receive 
digests only (we are not as busy as NTLK, but well, ...).

Anyway, if ever you want to make some interface like NTLK, please do. 
I'll advertise the page in the info text.
I can send you in most formats the previous messages, I have them all.

Regards,

Paul
-- 
Attention, nouvelle adresse.
New address, please update.

------------------------------

Date: 13 Oct 2000 16:36:55 EDT
From: [email-masked] (Charles P. Daghlian)
Subject: [NPDS] PaleoNews is online

Greetings,

I have stopped the tracking of my MP NPDS since it now has a fixed IP address
and name, so you won't see it listed there. I have integrated it into the
Paleobotany section web site (http://www.dartmouth.edu/daghlian/paleo/ or go
straight to PaleoNews at http://paleonews.dartmouth.edu), so it should get a
little bit of a workout. Now to see how long it takes to crash. I have had to
reset the machine once already due to the UndoEntryChanges call noted
previously.

I'm just trying to make the little MP earn its keep.

Chuck
********************************************
Charles P. Daghlian, Ph. D.
Director, Rippel E. M. Facility
7605 Remsen
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH 03755
603-646-1039 / FAX 603-650-1637
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~emczar/
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~daghlian/paleo/
********************************************

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V1 #3
************************

</x-charset>