Subject: npds Digest V1 #15

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:24:34 +0100 (CET)

<x-charset x-mac-text>------------------------------------
npds Digest	Wed, 29 Nov 2000	Volume: 01  Issue: 015

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: SSI
		[NPDS] Re: SSI
		[NPDS] Re: SSI

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E" <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: SSI
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:26:01 -0500

 Same, usually less than 24 hrs. 
Even with Matt Vaugh's last NPDS version, it would not run for more than a
few days without crashing. I am suspicious of the heap cleaning in Avi's
backdrop - it counts down to some very low values, and I have tried to see
what happens when the server is queried in this state, but have no firm
conclusions.
Paul F.

-----Original Message-----

I find that I cannot keep my server going for more than about 24 hours
without a
lockup. I have tried turning off tracking, logging, etc, but have not
found any
clear reason for the problems. How long can others keep their NPDS
online
without having to restart?

Chuck

------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E" <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: SSI
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:37:05 -0500

I appreciate Paul Guyot's vote of confidence in my scripting skills, but
unfortunately this is not done by any SSI I wrote, but by tedious manual
labour!

Paul F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Guyot
>Paul Filmer and the aforementioned resources have gotten me started 
>on a serious lust for more SSI on my web server. Can some helpful 
>individual help fill in some of the gaps in the documentation and 
>help a serious geek spiff out his Newton web server?

Paul Filmer made great SSIs like the domain collecting.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:41:20 -0800
Subject: [NPDS] Re: SSI
From: "Josh Burker" <nospam_Josh_Burker_at_misd.wednet_dot_edu>

[email-masked] writes:
>I appreciate Paul Guyot's vote of confidence in my scripting skills, but
>unfortunately this is not done by any SSI I wrote, but by tedious manual
>labour!
>
>Paul F.

All the more reason for one of us to develop an SSI that does this tedious
work for us!  However, I might be biting off more than I can chew, as I
did with my hopes of writing an SSI to automatically generate a reply to
anyone who posts on my Newton.

I for one cannot wait to see the revisions Paul plans on making to nHTTPd
once his Newton is back from vacation!

Josh Burker

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:45:29 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: SSI

>I appreciate Paul Guyot's vote of confidence in my scripting skills, but
>unfortunately this is not done by any SSI I wrote, but by tedious manual
>labour!

I thought is was a SSI because:
a/ you wrote several SSIs
b/ I think I read somewhere on your NPDS home page the expression 
"domain SSI" or something like that. Unfortunately, your Newton isn't 
up, so I cannot check.

Remind me to write you the SSI when I get my Newton back.

Paul
-- 
http://www.kallisys.com/

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:57:01 -0800
Subject: [NPDS] Re: SSI
From: "Josh Burker" <nospam_Josh_Burker_at_misd.wednet_dot_edu>

[email-masked] writes:
>>I appreciate Paul Guyot's vote of confidence in my scripting skills, but
>>unfortunately this is not done by any SSI I wrote, but by tedious manual
>>labour!
>
>I thought is was a SSI because:
>a/ you wrote several SSIs
>b/ I think I read somewhere on your NPDS home page the expression 
>"domain SSI" or something like that. Unfortunately, your Newton isn't 
>up, so I cannot check.
>
>Remind me to write you the SSI when I get my Newton back.
>
>Paul
>-- 
>http://www.kallisys.com/

Would it be possible to come up with a central repository for all these
cool SSIs that people are writing?  I know Matt distributed some as a
"Scripties" package on both his NPDS page and AA Magazine, and Paul Filmer
has some on his Newton Web server.  Perhaps on the NPDS Developer releases
server with all the "parts" of the current NPDS we could have an SSI
folder with SSIs that people can choose to install on their Newtons.

Josh Burker

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V1 #15
*************************

</x-charset>