Subject: npds Digest V2 #67

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:11:41 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Mon, 10 Sep 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 067

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: [NTLK] NPDS and tracker via ethernet to PC dial-u
		[NPDS] Re: Matt's tracker is dead again?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 07:25:17 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [NTLK] NPDS and tracker via ethernet to PC dial-up 56K

>I have a problem with the newest version of the NPDS tracker and 
>server somewhat.  When I try to register my newt with the NPDS 
>server tracker all that I get is an "oops, the server returned an 
>error:" on my newt or a bad request error on my newt and it won't go 
>through.  Any thoughts about that?

This probably occurred because you were already registered to the 
server. Therefore it returned a "400 Bad request error" message when 
you sent a register command. This is what Matt's tracker does. 
Victor's tracker say "400 Host is already registered" or something 
like this.
If you don't want to see 400 messages from the server, just uncheck 
the corresponding check box in the prefs (this feature was added in 
Tracker Client 2.035).

Sometimes, the tracker server is unreachable. There is an interface 
bug in the tracker client, in that case, you get : "Oops, the server 
returned an error:" without anything else. If it's the case, check 
your internet connection and/or gateway settings. It can also be that 
the server is down. Try Victor's tracker which seems to be more 
stable.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Matt's tracker is dead again?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:55:50 -0600
From: "Grant [Recursive] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

It appears that Matt's tracker isn't accepting registrations again. I've 
been getting communication and "connection dropped" errors all day. Since 
Victor hasn't chimed in yet, I'll step in, tip my hat, and mention the 
fact that his Java tracker is still running very nicely at the moment.

Here are the Tracker Client settings for Victor's server:

   Server:   misato.chuma.org (or 24.157.128.19)
     Path:   (leave blank)
HTTP Port:   80

Don't forget to save your prefs after changing trackers.

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:09:46 -0500
From: Matt Vaughn <nospam_matt.vaughn_at_mindspring_dot_com>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Matt's tracker is dead again?

You guys had better migrate to Victor's tracker pretty soon anyway. I won'
t be at U of I much longer and can't guarantee how long the old tracker 
will be left up. Maybe a long time, maybe a few days after I leave someone 
will shut it down for good.

The next version of the tracker client that comes out should set misato as 
the default tracker, if it doesn't already.

Cheers,

Matt

On Monday, September 10, 2001, at 07:55  PM, Grant [Recursive] Hutchinson 
wrote:

> It appears that Matt's tracker isn't accepting registrations again. I've
> been getting communication and "connection dropped" errors all day. Since
> Victor hasn't chimed in yet, I'll step in, tip my hat, and mention the
> fact that his Java tracker is still running very nicely at the moment.
>
> Here are the Tracker Client settings for Victor's server:
>
>    Server:   misato.chuma.org (or 24.157.128.19)
>      Path:   (leave blank)
> HTTP Port:   80
>
> Don't forget to save your prefs after changing trackers.

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #67
*************************