Subject: npds Digest V2 #78

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:11:20 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Wed, 03 Oct 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 078

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] [ANN] NPDS Watcher 010ac
		[NPDS] Re: [ANN] NPDS Watcher 010ac

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:58:28 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] [ANN] NPDS Watcher 010ac

Hi folks,

I've just fixed the bug which sometimes threw a -48809 exception when 
opening the server application.

This bug has been reported by Alex Humffray (4/09/01, 7:31 +1000) and 
John Skinner (21/09/01, 2:04 -0500).

You'll find the new version on the website for this branch of NPDS:
http://npds.free.fr/NPDS%20Watcher/

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] NPDS Watcher 010ac
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:18:07 -0600
From: "Grant [Chaotic Calm] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

Thanks for the update Paul.

However, and I know it's just a little thing, but the version number in 
the about window still read 1.0a9 not 1.0a10. I tried recompiling the 
project with the correct value for kVersionStr but the inspector says 
there are several unknown global functions: GetRegisteredSound; 
InetReleaseLink; InetGrabLink; and InetReleaseLink.

I must be missing a library somewhere.

g.

>I've just fixed the bug which sometimes threw a -48809 exception when 
>opening the server application.
>
>This bug has been reported by Alex Humffray (4/09/01, 7:31 +1000) and 
>John Skinner (21/09/01, 2:04 -0500).
>
>You'll find the new version on the website for this branch of NPDS:
>http://npds.free.fr/NPDS%20Watcher/

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:47:25 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] NPDS Watcher 010ac

>Thanks for the update Paul.

Oh, I have no merit at all, I've been experiencing this bug a lot 
lately, so I had to fix it. Yeah, I said that I was working on NPDS 
3.0 but it's not serving anything yet, so I am still using NPDS 2.x.

>However, and I know it's just a little thing, but the version number in
>the about window still read 1.0a9 not 1.0a10.

OK, I fixed this. If you did download the 010ac binary before this 
message and you care about that little thing, you can download the 
new 010ac package. The previous package did include the bug fix, it's 
just that I forgot to update the version number.

>I must be missing a library somewhere.

Actually, no, it's that the software calls global functions which are 
not declared and the project preferences are set to warn about use of 
undefined functions (which is useful to let you know about a possible 
missing colon in front of a method name). NTK builds the package 
nevertheless.

GetRegisteredSound isn't documented I think and InetGrabLink & 
InetReleaseLink are NIE global functions - yeah, we should check that 
these functions are present before doing anything, this is a dirty 
thing in NPDS I admit it, although usually people want to serve web 
pages after having an internet access on their Newton and therefore 
NIE installed. I fixed this by declaring the functions in a new file. 
This change is included in the new 010ac stuffit archive. It doesn't 
change anything to the binary.

Thanks for the report, Grant.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #78
*************************