Subject: npds Digest V2 #107

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:12:03 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Fri, 25 Jan 2002	Volume: 02  Issue: 107

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Listen CB Error
		[NPDS] Listen CB

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Charles Lewis" <nospam_cjkjlewis_at_attbi_dot_com>
Subject: [NPDS] Listen CB Error
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:17:21 -0700

NPDS's:  Something keeps crashing my server (when it is being accessed).
Error says "listen CB" Internal error 60049

Any thoughts?

Thanks EVERYONE in advance for this super cool pgm (Mark I think & Paul)

CLewis
Pueblo, CO USA

------------------------------

From: "Charles Lewis" <nospam_cjkjlewis_at_attbi_dot_com>
Subject: [NPDS] Listen CB
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:22:12 -0700

Oops!

>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks EVERYONE in advance for this super cool pgm (Mark I think & Paul)

Sorry, its Matt!!

CLewis

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: Listen CB Error
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:50:24 -0700
From: Grant Hutchinson <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

In a previous message, Charles Lewis typed vigorously:

>Something keeps crashing my server (when it is being accessed).
>Error says "listen CB" Internal error 60049

I get these occasionally after someone takes a bunch of screenshots one 
after another. I think it has something to do with a certain part of a 
connection not getting closed correctly. I could be way off though. Just 
a though... if you are using port 80 to serve through, and you server is 
accessible publicly, you might want to try a different port (like 8080 or 
similar). Every once in a while, when the Code Red and other assorted 
Microsnot-targeted viruses start propagating, they can hammer web servers 
that use the default port 80 pretty hard. Since I've started using an 
alternate port, NPDS has been much more stable.

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #107
**************************