Subject: npds Digest V2 #56

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 03:11:06 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Tue, 28 Aug 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 056

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] 2.039 Bug Reports

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E" <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] 2.039 Bug Reports
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:18:37 -0400

Thanks Paul, some nice new fixes to this version. At last my nHTTPd doesn't
permanently say "Not Connected" when it really is!
-----
I recently had a -10061 which I triggered by tapping the nHTTPd's Plug-in
drop down. I recovered from the -10061 with ABD's i button, but after that,
the drop down would not respond (it recognized the tap, but no drop-down
appeared). Server was still active and responsive to queries.
-----
On its first ping by the tracker, I got a -48200 from the Watcher, which did
generate a Bug Trap Report, http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$411.nsd 
----
I still get restarts without a subsequent connection to the network - I was
able to observe one after a -64900 (?) Internet Error, which results in the
following floaters: 
- "Tracker Client: Oops, the server returned an error: [blank]"
- "Tracker Client: An error occurred in Endpoint Connect. A communications
problem occurred, Connection may have been dropped. Error = -16013"

The work-around to this is a simple Stop-Start recycle, but NPDS Watcher
will not do this by itself, so if there is no Admin around, the server stays
in this state indefinitely.

I had originally thought this was a card vs. internal problem, but two
things weigh against that - 1. it does not seem to matter whether I have all
pkgs. on internal or card, and 2. it does not happen on every restart.

As far as having some pkgs. on internal vs. some on card, I have tried to
make sure that my Farallon drivers load first (i.e. all NIE etc. on
internal), and then load NPDS stuff second (i.e. all NPDS on card), but this
behavior continues.

Perhaps it is a hiccup from the LAN, and so there is nothing NPDS can do
about it?

Paul F.

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #56
*************************