Subject: npds Digest V2 #47

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:11:34 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Tue, 14 Aug 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 047

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] GIFServer error
		[NPDS] GIF Serv error
		[NPDS] [ANN] nHTTPd 2.038 (was GIFServer error)
		[NPDS] Re: [ANN] nHTTPd 2.038 (was GIFServer error)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E" <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] GIFServer error
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:35:09 -0400

I have encountered the following:

Occasionally a screen shot will give the broken image icon, and the nHTTPd
window on the server will revert to the size of the older versions (i.e. a
square rather than a rectangle, squashing all the buttons on the bottom
together).  Neither a Stop-Start recycle nor a close of the app will cure
this, it requires a soft reset.

I am running GIF Server v1 & nHTTPd v2.036 (2.037 was too unstable a while
ago, maybe I will retry it...)

Paul F.

------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E" <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] GIF Serv error
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:21:06 -0400

OK - it's doing it right now (nHTTPd window reverted to old size):

http://128.150.4.33/screen 

Paul F.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:36:49 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] [ANN] nHTTPd 2.038 (was GIFServer error)

>Occasionally a screen shot will give the broken image icon, and the nHTTPd
>window on the server will revert to the size of the older versions (i.e. a
>square rather than a rectangle, squashing all the buttons on the bottom
>together).  Neither a Stop-Start recycle nor a close of the app will cure
>this, it requires a soft reset.

This is a bug which occurs when you're reorienting the screen. I 
wonder what's the link with the GIF Server, but it's the only moment 
when the view bounds of the application is changed (and indeed, it 
resizes it to the old bounds).

I have fixed this bug and released it as 2.038. It's available here:
http://npds.free.fr/Server/

although only as a stuffit archive with the sources right now. The 
reason is that I have painful ISP problems right now, two connections 
with this FTP server which were broken and didn't timed out yet and 
therefore, it refuses me the access. I'll do the update tomorrow (I 
hope *every* ISP problems will be fixed tomorrow).

About problems, Matt's tracker seems down today.

Regards,

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:40:19 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] nHTTPd 2.038 (was GIFServer error)

>I have fixed this bug and released it as 2.038.

I thought I fixed it, and indeed, it works pretty well when we're not 
serving, but when we are, it's worse than 2.037.
I'll fix this tomorrow morning.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #47
*************************