Subject: npds Digest V2 #5

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:16:01 +0100 (CET)

<x-charset x-mac-text>------------------------------------
npds Digest	Tue, 30 Jan 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 005

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] RBT message
		[NPDS] Re: RBT message

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E" <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] RBT message
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:49:03 -0500

NPDS gives some feedback for each HTTP request by clicking (if that option
has been selected in Prefs), but there is also a short code in the main
window which usually reads "SERV" after a successful query.  (This is
associated with the pull-down that lists the domains of the visitors, if you
are logging them).

I have also seen "ERR" which I assume means "error", and I have just now
noticed "RBT" - does this mean "reboot"?  Is it a report of an event, or a
request to restart the server?  Since it goes away and resumes showing
"SERV" on the next query, I would assume it is the former.  Wow I keep
finding features in this little marvel...

TIA

Paul F.

My Newton Server: http://128.150.102.46]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:54:17 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: RBT message

>I have also seen "ERR" which I assume means "error", and I have just now
>noticed "RBT" - does this mean "reboot"?  Is it a report of an event, or a
>request to restart the server?  Since it goes away and resumes showing
>"SERV" on the next query, I would assume it is the former.  Wow I keep
>finding features in this little marvel...

It means RoBoT.
Matt thought that crawlers should be bounced because they could be a 
weight for the small NPDS server. Since multiple connections, it's 
less the case, so I'll set this as an option (and remove the latency 
option).

Anyway, it occurs when someone tries to access the robots.txt file.

Paul
-- 
http://www.kallisys.com/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #5
************************

</x-charset>