Subject: npds Digest V2 #96

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:11:38 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Tue, 13 Nov 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 096

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: [Survey] Top 10 reasons to use the Newton as a we

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: [Survey] Top 10 reasons to use the Newton as a web server
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:20:01 -0700
From: "Grant [Crossed Fingers] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

My thoughts...

>a/ what are the reasons why you run NPDS on your Newton

* It's one of the classic examples of the incredibly cool things you can 
still do with the Newton. A full-blown web server on a handheld? You 
betcha.

* I enjoy the challenge of running as many servers on as many computers 
as I can. This point also explains the BeBox running PoorMan and the 
Quadra 950 running MacHTTP in my basement.

* It's an extremely handy way to record and publish BugTrap reports for 
all of the software I'm beta testing.

* It's a unified and portable writing, publishing, editing, archiving, 
and online distribution tool.

* WebPager honks. Nuf said.

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:32 -0500
From: "Victor Rehorst" <nospam_chuma_at_chuma_dot_org>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [Survey] Top 10 reasons to use the Newton as a web

On Mon, Nov 12 2001 Paul Guyot wrote:
>a/ what are the reasons why you run NPDS on your Newton

Because it's a cool geek toy, and because it helped me write the Tracker Server :)

Victor Rehorst - Guelph, Ontario, Canada - [email-masked]
Sent from a Newton Messagepad 2100 w/SimpleMail 4.1.3 and Proxim RangeLAN2
http://www.chuma.org

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:10:53 -0800
Subject: [NPDS] Admin Post now really broken
From: Josh Burker <nospam_senorwences_at_mac_dot_com>

Just so everybody is aware, the /html/admin-post.html page on the NPDS 
server does not seem to work at all anymore (whereas before it simply 
wouldn't file anywhere but the WWW folder as defined in the NPDS 
setup).  Specifically, it the the call to the /html/admpst.ns that is 
broken, as you end up at the 404 page if you click Submit.

I like the function of the Admin Post (though most people probably don't 
use it) because in theory I could post to any of my Notes folders 
remotely, which would be handy for Notes that not everyone needs to 
see.  Perhaps this could be implemented as part of the version 3 
overhaul.

Thanks,

Josh Burker

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #96
*************************