Subject: npds Digest V2 #1

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 03:18:53 +0100 (CET)

<x-charset x-mac-text>------------------------------------
npds Digest	Thu, 18 Jan 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 001

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Where to find the latest version of GIF Server?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Where to find the latest version of GIF Server?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:24:04 -0700
From: Grant [Shorts In January] Hutchinson <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

A couple of months ago, John Clark was looking for the newest version of 
the GIF Server package. Was this ever posted to the NPDS download server? 
If not, could someone send me a copy of via email? I have just updated 
all the other components of the suite, and would like to get the GIF 
Server up and running as well. I took a peek through all the packages, 
but the revised GIF Server was not among them.

Matt, I don't know if you're on this list, but you might want to check 
into the following. The homepage.mac.com server still has an old copy of 
your site prior to your renaming (and apparently dated from around August 
2000) at:

     http://homepage.mac.com/lightyearmedia/

Just to avoid confusing people (like me - for a few minutes anyway...), 
maybe it could be redirected to the current site:

     http://homepage.mac.com/lightyeardesign/

Thanks.

Grant

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:51:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Victor Rehorst <nospam_chuma_at_chuma_dot_org>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Where to find the latest version of GIF Server?

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Grant [Shorts In January] Hutchinson wrote:

> A couple of months ago, John Clark was looking for the newest version of 
> the GIF Server package. Was this ever posted to the NPDS download server? 
> If not, could someone send me a copy of via email? I have just updated 
> all the other components of the suite, and would like to get the GIF 
> Server up and running as well. I took a peek through all the packages, 
> but the revised GIF Server was not among them.

I don't remember if Paul's C++ GIF Server was ever released for wide
distribution: it's not perfectly stable, whereas the old one is.  It does
do 16-greyscale GIFs though.  I have a copy, and I know some other NPDS
testers have it.

-------Victor Rehorst - [email-masked] | [email-masked]
-Secretary, College of Arts and CPES Student Councils, University of Guelph-
-------------- Homepage and Newton Stuff: http://www.chuma.org -------------

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #1
************************

</x-charset>