Subject: npds Digest V2 #53

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:11:14 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Fri, 24 Aug 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 053

In This Issue:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Referencing External Style Sheet
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:19:30 -0600
From: "Grant [Voxel Mapping] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

Here's a thought.

After struggling to edit my custom style sheet using the NPDS Setup text 
editor, I thought of a better solution. You could get rid of the editor 
by using an external .css file stored in the same folder as the default 
index.html document that NoteServ uses. This would require a modification 
NoteServ so that it does not serve up .css-based notes.

A default .css document still be stored by NPDS in case you need to 
revert to the "factory" settings, but you could always edit the style 
sheet easily within the Notepad rather than via the rather limiting CSS 
editor.

I've found that my current style sheet is too large for the editor 
anyway, and that the editor will not scroll to the end of the document. I 
have to copy and paste it from the Notepad anyway.

Comments?

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #53
*************************