Subject: npds Digest V2 #97

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:11:50 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Wed, 14 Nov 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 097

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Admin Post now really broken

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:15:46 -0800
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Admin Post now really broken
From: Josh Burker <nospam_senorwences_at_mac_dot_com>

Argh, it's probably the size of the document I'm trying to submit, not 
the Admin Post itself that is broken beyond not filing correctly.  Sorry 
about that!

Josh

On Tuesday, November 13, 2001, at 06:10 PM, Josh Burker wrote:

> Just so everybody is aware, the /html/admin-post.html page on the NPDS 
> server does not seem to work at all anymore (whereas before it simply 
> wouldn't file anywhere but the WWW folder as defined in the NPDS 
> setup).  Specifically, it the the call to the /html/admpst.ns that is 
> broken, as you end up at the 404 page if you click Submit.
>
> I like the function of the Admin Post (though most people probably 
> don't use it) because in theory I could post to any of my Notes folders 
> remotely, which would be handy for Notes that not everyone needs to 
> see.  Perhaps this could be implemented as part of the version 3 
> overhaul.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh Burker
>
>
>
> [NPDS Mailing List: To unsubscribe: mailto:npds-
> [email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe]
>

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: Admin Post now really broken
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:30:40 -0700
From: "Grant [Crossed Fingers] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

In a previous message, Josh Burker typed vigorously:

>I like the function of the Admin Post (though most people probably don't 
>use it) because in theory I could post to any of my Notes folders 
>remotely, which would be handy for Notes that not everyone needs to 
>see.  Perhaps this could be implemented as part of the version 3 
>overhaul.

Crap. You see what happens when you don't read _all_ of the 
documentation. I had absolutely no idea you could do this. Sweet baby 
corn, this is cool...

Building on Josh's note above, what I would like to see in version 3.0 is 
the ability to edit and delete existing posts via a remote web admin 
interface. That would be amazingly useful.

I'm still agog.

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:39:23 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Admin Post now really broken

>not the Admin Post itself that is broken beyond not filing correctly.

Indeed, I never used the Admin post feature, but I happened to send 
text to my Newton using the regular post note feature and then I file 
the note (thus later). I realize that you might not want the note to 
be seen by others.
Please just tell me where you expect the admin note to be filed, and 
I'll fix the problem one of these nights between 0400 and 0412.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #97
*************************