Subject: npds Digest V2 #94

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:11:16 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Mon, 12 Nov 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 094

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Fwd: NPDS Assistance Needed

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:02:25 -0800
From: Dale Steele <nospam_dtsteele_at_mac_dot_com>
Subject: [NPDS] Fwd: NPDS Assistance Needed

>I'm sharing this with other list members to get a more complete 
>answer and get another NPDS user online. I am behind a firewall and 
>access the net via IPNetrouter with a few settings that allow my 
>public IP to pass NPDS served pages out.

Dale
------>
>
>Hello Dale,
>
>I'm trying to use my newton as webserver with NPDS. But I don't know how
>to solve this problem, I am hoping you might be able to assist me.
>
>My Newton 2100 set-up is ethernet on a LAN behind a firewall. For obvious
>security reasons these IP addresses are not public.
>
>How do I get the Newton registered with a NPDS tracker without using these
>secure (non-public) IP addresses; I see the latest NPDS tracker client has
>a "LAN checkbox" and "Public IP", but atlas this doesn't solve my problem.
>Unless, does "Public IP" mean, I have to create a separate "Public IP"
>address within the firewall to allow the Newton and various tracker
>servers to communicate? Or I'm I going down the wrong road and there is an
>easier solution that won't compromise LAN security?
>
>Your help would greatly be appreciated.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Michael

-- 

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Script Editor install problem
From: [email-masked] (Way)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 17:52:18 -0800

Hi all,

I was trying in install the Script Editor package and NCU hangs. The
progress bar is completely filled but never goes away. I need to cancel
the download; then there is no Script Editor on the Newton. I also
tried installing on another Newton and the same problem occurs. Anyone
else have this problem? I assume Acript Editor appears as application
in the Unfiled folder, but I've checked all icons but no editor is
found.

Way

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #94
*************************