Subject: npds Digest V2 #76

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:11:02 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Sun, 30 Sep 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 076

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?
		[NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?
		[NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:15:45 -0700
From: Dale Steele <nospam_dtsteele_at_mac_dot_com>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?

I don't have an answer to this question but it reminded me that I 
don't seem to be able to specify different folders for sharing and 
posting. If I am missing something please let me know. It seems to me 
that this is supposed to be possible in the latest verion of NoteServ 
I'm running.

Thanks,

Dale

>Does anyone know of a way to change the default sort order of the notes
>displayed using <NOTE_LIST> and <POST_LIST>? Instead of least recent note
>to most recent, I's like to have most recent note to least recent?
>
>I know of a way to do it using a very convoluted (read: clunky)
>JavaScript array, but I thought maybe there was another built-in (read:
>handier) preference.
>
>Thought? Or is this on the 3.0 wish list already?
>
>g.
>
>......................................................................
>
>Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys
>
>Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
>Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
>Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/
>
>
>
>[NPDS Mailing List: To unsubscribe: 
>mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe]

-- 

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:47:51 -0600
From: Grant Hutchinson <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

In a previous message, Dale Steele typed vigorously:

>I don't have an answer to this question but it reminded me that I 
>don't seem to be able to specify different folders for sharing and 
>posting. If I am missing something please let me know. It seems to me 
>that this is supposed to be possible in the latest verion of NoteServ 

This is possible. The latest version (2.042) lets you specify both a root 
or default folder for the index.html and other notes created by you, and 
a folder specifically for the notes posted using the whiteboard via the 
server itself. You set these folders using the two pickers in the 
NoteServ window.

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:06:15 -0700
From: Dale Steele <nospam_dtsteele_at_mac_dot_com>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?

Thanks Grant.

That's what I've been trying to do. I wonder if I have to clear out a 
cache or otherwise get these settings to work. I have my index.html 
in one folder (selected) and then another set up for the various NPDS 
postings I've received over time. I haven't been able to get the two 
different locations to show up online yet.

hmmm.

Dale

>In a previous message, Dale Steele typed vigorously:
>
>>I don't have an answer to this question but it reminded me that I
>>don't seem to be able to specify different folders for sharing and
>>posting. If I am missing something please let me know. It seems to me
>>that this is supposed to be possible in the latest verion of NoteServ
>
>This is possible. The latest version (2.042) lets you specify both a root
>or default folder for the index.html and other notes created by you, and
>a folder specifically for the notes posted using the whiteboard via the
>server itself. You set these folders using the two pickers in the
>NoteServ window.
>
>g.
>
>......................................................................
>
>Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys
>
>Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
>Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
>Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/
>
>
>
>[NPDS Mailing List: To unsubscribe: 
>mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe]

-- 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:31:18 -0700
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?
From: "Josh mac.com" <nospam_senorwences_at_mac_dot_com>

on 9/29/01 9:06 PM, Dale Steele at [email-masked] wrote:

> Thanks Grant.
> 
> That's what I've been trying to do. I wonder if I have to clear out a
> cache or otherwise get these settings to work. I have my index.html
> in one folder (selected) and then another set up for the various NPDS
> postings I've received over time. I haven't been able to get the two
> different locations to show up online yet.
> 
> hmmm.
> 
> Dale
> 
>> In a previous message, Dale Steele typed vigorously:
>> 
>>> I don't have an answer to this question but it reminded me that I
>>> don't seem to be able to specify different folders for sharing and
>>> posting. If I am missing something please let me know. It seems to me
>>> that this is supposed to be possible in the latest verion of NoteServ
>> 
>> This is possible. The latest version (2.042) lets you specify both a root
>> or default folder for the index.html and other notes created by you, and
>> a folder specifically for the notes posted using the whiteboard via the
>> server itself. You set these folders using the two pickers in the
>> NoteServ window.
>> 
>> g.

Here's a page on my NPDS server about how to set up the two different Notes
folders:

http://24/255/52/100:8080/html/NoteServ%20Configuration

However, I am unsure how to change the sort order of particular notes.

Josh

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:39:11 -0700
From: Dale Steele <nospam_dtsteele_at_mac_dot_com>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Specifying sort order in NoteServ?

Josh:

Thanks for the help. The link you gave me took me to a large page of 
general links and I couldn't locate yours. Maybe an attachment would 
do the trick.

Thanks again,

Dale

>on 9/29/01 9:06 PM, Dale Steele at [email-masked] wrote:
>
>>  Thanks Grant.
>>
>>  That's what I've been trying to do. I wonder if I have to clear out a
>>  cache or otherwise get these settings to work. I have my index.html
>>  in one folder (selected) and then another set up for the various NPDS
>>  postings I've received over time. I haven't been able to get the two
>>  different locations to show up online yet.
>>
>>  hmmm.
>>
>>  Dale
>>
>>>  In a previous message, Dale Steele typed vigorously:
>>>
>>>>  I don't have an answer to this question but it reminded me that I
>>>>  don't seem to be able to specify different folders for sharing and
>>>>  posting. If I am missing something please let me know. It seems to me
>>>>  that this is supposed to be possible in the latest verion of NoteServ
>>>
>>>  This is possible. The latest version (2.042) lets you specify both a root
>>>  or default folder for the index.html and other notes created by you, and
>>>  a folder specifically for the notes posted using the whiteboard via the
>>>  server itself. You set these folders using the two pickers in the
>>>  NoteServ window.
>>>
>>>  g.
>
>
>Here's a page on my NPDS server about how to set up the two different Notes
>folders:
>
>http://24/255/52/100:8080/html/NoteServ%20Configuration
>
>However, I am unsure how to change the sort order of particular notes.
>
>Josh
>
>
>
>[NPDS Mailing List: To unsubscribe: 
>mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe]

-- 

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #76
*************************