Subject: npds Digest V2 #41

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 03:11:24 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Fri, 06 Jul 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 041

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Matt's tracker and DNS
		[NPDS] [ANN] Victor's Tracker 0.1.24

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:12:40 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Matt's tracker and DNS

Hi folks,

Once upon a time, Victor's tracker (http://misato.chuma.org:2110) had 
a problem with domain names. It happened to be a bug in Java, and it 
has now been fixed. The problem was that the tracker cached forever 
the domain name information, and if the IP changed (typically when 
you were using a dyndns domain name), it wouldn't take this into 
account, and therefore would unregister you.

Apparently, Matt's tracker (read REALBasic) has the same bug. I have 
tried several times to register as newt.dyndns.org:8080, and in that 
case, Matt's tracker doesn't send any request to my Newton and marks 
me as offline although the Newton is still UP.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:09:26 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] [ANN] Victor's Tracker 0.1.24

Hi all,

I've been making changes in Victor's Tracker, and basically, I fixed 
a couple of bugs, including the refresh 0 one Paul Filmer 
experienced. It should be more stable now.

I remind you that Victor fixed the domain name caching bug with 
0.1.23. I think that the tracker is pretty stable now, as it has been 
a long time since we haven't introduced new features ;)

Feel free to register on his tracker as well. Matt's tracker proved 
to not be terribly stable, so two trackers are better than one.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #41
*************************