Subject: npds Digest V2 #50

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 03:11:20 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Mon, 20 Aug 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 050

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: [ANN] nHTTPd 2.038

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] nHTTPd 2.038
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:17:52 -0600
From: "Grant [Tally Light] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

In a previous message, Paul Guyot typed vigorously:

>Note: the supported version of nHTTPd is still 2.037 for at
>least one week, as I may very well have introduced new bugs.

An update regarding my trials...

I have gone back to using 2.036 after trying both 2.038 (which seemed to 
generate a lot of errors in the process of tweaking prefs and dismissing 
dialog boxes) and 2.037 (which tends to crash and get restarted much more 
frequently than 2.036). I have also gone back to using 2.033 of the 
Tracker Client, as I kept getting the following error upon every restart:

     http://www.splorp.com/junk/screentracker010820.gif

Paul, I can get you a list of the specific errors that were being 
produced by 2.038 once I have a few minutes to reinstall that version.

More to follow...

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:17:25 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] nHTTPd 2.038

>I have gone back to using 2.036 after trying both 2.038 (which seemed to
>generate a lot of errors in the process of tweaking prefs and dismissing
>dialog boxes) and 2.037 (which tends to crash and get restarted much more
>frequently than 2.036).

Duh. John Skinner reported problems as well with 2.038, while nothing 
is reproduceable here. Anyone succeeded in using 2.038?

>I have also gone back to using 2.033 of the
>Tracker Client, as I kept getting the following error upon every restart:
>
>      http://www.splorp.com/junk/screentracker010820.gif

No, this isn't a bug in the tracker client.
It's what the server said. In the previous version, the tracker 
client didn't say anything whatever the server said. Now, it reports 
any message except 20X messages and any problem (so you know when the 
tracker goes down and so on).

>Paul, I can get you a list of the specific errors that were being
>produced by 2.038 once I have a few minutes to reinstall that version.

Please install BugTrap from tactile systems and generate logs. The 
error number is completely useless for developers when the complex is 
a little bit complex.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #50
*************************