Subject: npds Digest V2 #49

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:10:35 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Sat, 18 Aug 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 049

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] New NPDSTracker version
		[NPDS] Re: New NPDSTracker version

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:14:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Victor Rehorst <nospam_chuma_at_chuma_dot_org>
Subject: [NPDS] New NPDSTracker version

Paul just found a slight bug in the Java NPDS tracker concerning servers
re-registering while also being queried by the tracker.
misato.chuma.org:2110 has been patched, and the latest source is on the
NPDS website:

http://npds.free.fr/%20Tracker%20Server/NPDSTracker-0.1.26/

------Victor Rehorst -- [email-masked] | [email-masked]
------Chairperson. College of Arts Student Union, University of Guelph------
---- Webmaster, United Network of Newton Archives:  http://www.unna.org ----
-------------- Homepage and Newton Stuff: http://www.chuma.org -------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:19:58 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: New NPDSTracker version

>Paul just found a slight bug in the Java NPDS tracker concerning servers
>re-registering while also being queried by the tracker.

Therefore, misato no longer checked if the servers were online. BTW, 
unfortunately, save of the registered servers and restore at restart 
hasn't been implemented yet.

And guess who triggered the bug by registering at the bad moment?

11:37:28-> Waiting for reply
11:37:36-> 144.92.203.30 is up
11:37:36-> checking 208.162.70.18
11:44:17-> Handling connection from newton.nsf.gov/128.150.4.33
11:44:17-> Processing REGUP command
11:44:17-> Inserted "128.150.4.33 Paul Filmer's MP2100" into the list
11:44:17-> 5 hosts now in the list
11:44:17-> Closing connection from newton.nsf.gov/128.150.4.33
11:48:26-> Handling connection from 
dclient217-162-104-211.hispeed.ch/217.162.104.211
11:48:26-> Processing GET command
11:48:26-> Closing connection from 
dclient217-162-104-211.hispeed.ch/217.162.104.211
11:50:45-> 208.162.70.18 is down (timeout/connection refused/other 
exception) java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Connection timed out
11:50:45-> TValidator: Exception 
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4 >= 4 occurred

;-)

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #49
*************************