Subject: npds Digest V2 #24

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 03:11:12 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Mon, 30 Apr 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 024

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] [ANN] NoteServ 2.042
		[NPDS] Re: noteserver 'bug'
		[NPDS] Re: noteserver 'bug'
		[NPDS] Re: [ANN] NoteServ 2.042

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:49:14 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] [ANN] NoteServ 2.042

I don't remember if we said that we could post packages to the list 
or not, so I don't post this new release to the list directly.

This new version of NoteServ fixes the search bug. It also updates 
the version number (which was 2.03 in the 2.041 package). Upgrading 
to 2.042 may mean losing one's NoteServ settings. Personally, I had 
to restart the Newton as I got an exception because the prefs were 
deleted by the check version method (in the nHTTPd module). Anyway, 
if you want the package (or the source), just ask, or wait for Matt 
to post it to his website.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:04:57 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: noteserver 'bug'

When browsing my NPDS mailing list folder, I found this post which 
apparently remained unanswered (sorry Ron). Have you fixed the 
problem?

>When I use the noteserver 2.041 the notes/pages in the WWW folder are not
>shown by the SSI <NOTE_LIST> does always return (No files). The notes in
>the post folder do show with the <POST_LIST> SSI. If I access a note in
>the WWW folder directly by its title, it shows up.

This is really weird.
Here, both tags (I tried it, I normally only use the NOTE_TABLE and 
POST_TABLE SSIs) work perfectly.

>Any clues?

Anyone experienced the same problem?

Are you or have you been using SuperNotePad?

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:10:22 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: noteserver 'bug'

>This is really weird.
>Here, both tags (I tried it, I normally only use the NOTE_TABLE and 
>POST_TABLE SSIs) work perfectly.

Oh, I found the explanation, sorry.

Here is the way these folders work (it's different than from the time 
there were a single folder):

a/ Folder: anything which is public but NOT shown in neither the 
NOTE_ or POST_ SSIs.
b/ Post: anything which is shown in either NOTE_ or POST_ depending 
on the fact it was posted by someone with the whiteboard or just 
moved by yourself to this folder on the Newton.

So you may want to move your WWW notes to the Post folder.
index.html has to be in WWW folder (for security reasons, there was a 
security hole in the previous versions of NoteServ).

I know it's a little bit confusing. I planned to re-design this whole 
part (among other things) if I find a way to sleep less than 30 
minutes per day.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E" <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] NoteServ 2.042
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:17:46 -0400

Package please!  Thanks Paul.

Paul F.

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Paul Guyot [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Monday, April 30, 2001 8:49 AM
> 
> I don't remember if we said that we could post packages to the list 
> or not, so I don't post this new release to the list directly.
> 
> This new version of NoteServ fixes the search bug. It also updates 
> the version number (which was 2.03 in the 2.041 package). Upgrading 
> to 2.042 may mean losing one's NoteServ settings. Personally, I had 
> to restart the Newton as I got an exception because the prefs were 
> deleted by the check version method (in the nHTTPd module). Anyway, 
> if you want the package (or the source), just ask, or wait for Matt 
> to post it to his website.
> 
> Paul

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #24
*************************