Subject: npds Digest V2 #64

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:11:24 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Thu, 06 Sep 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 064

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Bugs, they taste good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Filmer, Paul E." <nospam_pfilmer_at_nsf_dot_gov>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Bugs, they taste good.
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:40:30 -0400 

As always, thanks Paul.

"Start Up NPDS after 5 secs" was checked. Now it is un-checked, and I am
eagerly awaiting a crash! :-)

BTW, here are the latest BugTrap Reports w/ NPDS W 009ac
http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$442.nsd not sure what this was about, I
was asleep!
http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$444.nsd this -48809 appears almost every
time I restart.

To get all my crshlogs:
http://128.150.4.33/html/search.ns?s_words=bugtrap&Submit=Search

Paul F.

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Paul Guyot [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> 
	<snip>  what is the state of the check box "Start up NPDS after 5 
> seconds" in the watcher's prefs? and what happens if you toggle it?
> 
> Paul

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 13:57:28 -0700
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Bugs, they taste good.
From: "Josh mac.com" <nospam_senorwences_at_mac_dot_com>

on 9/6/01 11:40 AM, Filmer, Paul E. at [email-masked] wrote:

> As always, thanks Paul.
> 
> "Start Up NPDS after 5 secs" was checked. Now it is un-checked, and I am
> eagerly awaiting a crash! :-)
> 
> BTW, here are the latest BugTrap Reports w/ NPDS W 009ac
> http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$442.nsd not sure what this was about, I
> was asleep!
> http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$444.nsd this -48809 appears almost every
> time I restart.
> 
> To get all my crshlogs:
> http://128.150.4.33/html/search.ns?s_words=bugtrap&Submit=Search
> 
> Paul F.

First off, I must say that my Newton server never gets near as much traffic
as Paul F.'s or Paul G.'s, but I do have to say that my NPDS setup has been
particularly stable.

I'm running everything current and generally have few problems.

I do find that every now and then the GIF Server gets munged up; usually
this is associated with a crash of the GIF server as it serves a page.  I
usually hear the "shutter" sound of the screen capture, then the Newton
reboots.  Subsequent reboots and startups of NPDS, followed by a screen
capture, would also crash the Newton.  I found that manually deleting the
NPDS Storage from the Newton's storage would be what got it going again.

NoteServ has been very stable for me.  However, after a crash I will go into
the NoteServ plugin and flush the cache.

But as I prefaced, my Newton doesn't see the traffic that others' do.

Josh Burker

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #64
*************************