Subject: npds Digest V2 #11

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:19:23 +0100 (CET)

<x-charset x-mac-text>------------------------------------
npds Digest	Sat, 03 Mar 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 011

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Matt's tracker's bugs

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 17:51:55 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Matt's tracker's bugs

Hi all,

this is a bug report for everyone because I'm tired of fixing the 
tracker manually.

The biggest problem is the following. When you do:

REGUP 127.0.0.1 foo
REGUP 127.0.0.2 bar
REGUP 127.0.0.3 foo

You have:

127.0.0.1	foo
127.0.0.3	bar

So please folks, if your address changed, unregister first. To do so, 
open the latest tracker client (available at 
http://130.126.50.66/npds/) and press the =[ ]= button. If you don't 
do that, the latest server registered will have your address, and as 
you kept the old address, you'll disapear from the list after n 
unsuccessful accesses to the traq/confirm.ns page.

To fix things manually is the more painful because there is another 
bug (I now know this bug, so it should be fine).
Matt's tracker apparently doesn't work with:
"REGDN 127.0.0.1" & CRLF

It requires an extra character at the end (such as a space). The 
tracker client works fine. It's just that telnetting requires to add 
this character. I don't know why.

Paul
-- 
http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #11
*************************

</x-charset>