Subject: npds Digest V2 #18

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:10:53 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Sat, 17 Mar 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 018

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Gif module question
		[NPDS] Matt's tracker down again

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: Server stops accepting connections?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:07:28 -0700
From: Grant [Somebody Here] Hutchinson <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

Just a quick update...

Since installing Heap Magic, NPDS has been working fine. No freezes. No 
missing connections. Nearly 26 hours without a burp. Over 300 hits in 
all. But then I got the dreaded -16022 (internet?) error which seemed to 
have hung up NPDS.

Oh well, it is working better than before... and no heap-specific issues. 
I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Thanks for everybody's help.

Grant

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:33:38 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Gif module question

À (At) 16:45 -0700 16/03/01, John I. Clark écrivait (wrote) :
><red face> I'm afraid I don't know how to tell how much of that I have
>left...

There are many NS Heap indicators around, e.g. Dash Board's, Avi's BD, etc.

>If I can find NTK on UNNA, I might be able to get it up and running
>sometime... It's not a big deal though, because I'm out the door
>tomorrow for a two-week vacation. I'm going to be bonkers-busy when I
>get back, so who knows when I'll have time to do some detective work on
>this. Let me know if there's somewhere else I need to look for NTK, and
>otherwise don't worry about this anymore. I'm sure you've already got
>more than enough to worry about as it is! ;-p

Forget it, it's rather a pain to get all elements to install NTK. I 
wonder if there is a bug in this server as it works wonderfully well 
here, but some have reported restarts and think the GIF server is in 
cause. Anyway, I don't have much time for that either. We'll see with 
NPDS 3.x if you still experience restarts.

Paul
-- 
http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080
                       Does ATA Support 0.1a2 work with your ATA card(s)?
                                      http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:39:04 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Matt's tracker down again

Hi all,

Matt's tracker no longer responds on port 2110, which means that you 
can't register/unregister your Newton.

I don't remind you that you can register on Victor's tracker and that 
the settings are eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca for server, 2110 for Newton 
Port and HTTP port and nothing for path.

BTW, I made an anotated screen shot about how to configure the client 
for both trackers:
http://www.kallisys.com/images/client-setup.gif

Paul who thinks about a template for this alert ;-)
-- 
http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080
                       Does ATA Support 0.1a2 work with your ATA card(s)?
                                      http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #18
*************************