Subject: npds Digest V2 #33

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 03:12:25 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Wed, 30 May 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 033

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Matt's tracker down again [was: Re: Tracking]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:21:59 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Matt's tracker down again [was: Re: Tracking]

>Since installing 2.035 my Newton ,sü't tracked by Matt's or Victor's trackers.

By Victor's trackers, what do you mean? misato.chuma.org seems to 
work so far. Eddie no longer works because the server doesn't have 
Java running properly.

>I reinstalled the Tracker client. Any other ideas?
>
>The server runs, but never shows up in a tracker. I can connect to it.

The problem is that Matt's tracker is down. A way to tell is to try 
to telnet on port 2110 and then type ABOUT. But now, the port is 
closed while it shouldn't. Another way to tell is to open the tracker 
client and press the UP button. If the tracker client window is 
closed immediatly, it's that the port is closed (and the tracker is 
down). Next version of the client will tell you when the tracker is 
down.

BTW, I exceeded my upload limit (mainly because of the work on 
NewtonDev archive) - I have 4 MB per day plus 250 MB per month, and 
I'm at 257 MB now - so I'm limiting my use of internet to upload less 
than 4 MB per day, and therefore I no longer serve pages until 
Friday. Sorry for those who wanted to download nHTTPd Pre2.035 or GIF 
Server 1.1 from my Newton.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #33
*************************