Subject: npds Digest V2 #99

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:11:47 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Fri, 16 Nov 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 099

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] [Fwd: Re: Up-Sharing status on NPDS Tracker?]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:58:46 -0600
From: John Skinner <nospam_john_at_johnskinner_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] [Fwd: Re: Up-Sharing status on NPDS Tracker?]

Below is an email that points out just how important it is to read all
directions/manuals and follow each step!

This person could have saved a lot of other people's time and bandwidth
had he just done some reading.

(uhm.. Maybe there should be a link in the NPDS online
documentation/manual that points to detailed NIE setup info?)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Up-Sharing status on NPDS Tracker?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:33:48 -0600
From: John Skinner <nospam_john_at_johnskinner_dot_net>
To: "Grant [Crossed Fingers] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

Grant [Crossed Fingers] Hutchinson wrote:

>Man alive, you are having problems. I wonder if you have an old, weird 
>soup buried in the bowels of your newt that is causing the problem? I 
>can't remember whether you've ever done a full brain wipe or not.
>

Yes, this is what I had originally thought!
I have done several brain wipes, and started from scratch each time.

The reason for why my NPDS server was not working, is too shameful to admit.
I  had a directory on my desktop that had all the packages needed (after 
a brain wipe) for NPDS.
This directory failed to have the "NIE Ethernet Enabler.pkg" in it!
The funny thing about this is;
When I would first launch NPDS, it would serve requests for about 1 
whole second, then deny everything else.
I could still ping my newton's IP address from the network.

Oh Well! Once again, I feel like an idiot! Ha Ha!
I guess this goes along with that whole RTFM thing we were talkin' about 
yesterday.

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Misato tracker down?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:32:02 -0700
From: "Grant [Crossed Fingers] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

<sniff>

Just wondering. I haven't been able to hit it all morning, and it's 
getting lonely being the only Newton registered on Shakti.

</sniff>

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #99
*************************