Subject: npds Digest V2 #90

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:10:48 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Sat, 27 Oct 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 090

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: [ANN] NPDS updates
		[NPDS] Re: [ANN] NPDS updates

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:25:43 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] NPDS updates

>By all means, please put it up at the npds.free.fr server as a .txt 
>doc.  My Newton is online right now, but it's been pretty flaky 
>lately; I'll load the newest NoteServ and nHTTPd this weekend (GIF 
>server 1.11 is already installed).

I put it in HTML with little formatting (basically removing links to 
other pages on your Newton since they don't include hostname and you 
don't have a domain name/fixed IP).

It's there:
http://npds.free.fr/Notepad%20Server/NoteServConfiguration.html

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:38:29 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: [ANN] NPDS updates

>It must of crashed. I only saw your backdrop.

In fact, I didn't open it immediatly.
(if the Newton restarts, what you can see is the login screen with 
the NS Debug Tools alert)

>Ok, there's a picker for "Crashing inside a Try" - I currently have had
>that set to simply "Is Ignore". There is no mention of a "catch". Are
>these the same things we are talking about?

Yes (try/catch is in fact the Java/C++ way to call it, on NewtonOS, 
it's try/onexception), and apparently, you have it properly set (a 
lot of exception are thrown and catched, so most of the time you 
don't need to log them).

OK, I fixed the bug in ProtoSoupBrowser.

So this morning we have:

ProtoSoupBrowser 1.1
--------------------
Fixed bug when closing the browser with no entry left.
  (in fact commented useless code which has the effect of generating an
  exception in that particular case)
  [Grant: 20011026-32227393$]

nHTTPd 2.042
------------
Included ProtoSoupBrowser 1.1

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 10:12:45 -0700
Subject: [NPDS] NoteServ weirdness
From: Josh Burker <nospam_senorwences_at_mac_dot_com>

I followed Paul's installation suggestions when installing the newest 
release, but found something else:

Go into your NPDS Setup package, tap on the Content tab, and uncheck and 
recheck the "Insert CSS" (if you are using the built-in css for your 
pages).  Apply this, and the Newton should start serving the pages up 
more or less as they looked before.  However, there seems to be some 
formatting differences.

Also, the whole link back to the main page and the Note information at 
the bottom of the Note does not seem to be included.

Additionally, my pages do not serve well at all in iCab 2.5.3 on OS X 
10.1.  Mozilla looks fine, but in iCab pages are truncated!

Thanks,

Josh

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #90
*************************