Subject: npds Digest V2 #91

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:10:49 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Sun, 28 Oct 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 091

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: NoteServ weirdness

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: NoteServ weirdness
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:44:58 -0600
From: "Grant [Critical Shortage] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

In a previous message, Josh Burker typed vigorously:

>I followed Paul's installation suggestions when installing the newest 
>release, but found something else:
>
>Go into your NPDS Setup package, tap on the Content tab, and uncheck and 
>recheck the "Insert CSS" (if you are using the built-in css for your 
>pages).  Apply this, and the Newton should start serving the pages up 
>more or less as they looked before.  However, there seems to be some 
>formatting differences.
>
>Also, the whole link back to the main page and the Note information at 
>the bottom of the Note does not seem to be included.

I'm experiencing this as well. None of the pages served via NoteServ have 
the style sheet applied to them. That's why they look wonky. I've gone 
back to running 2.043 for the time being.

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:27:21 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: NoteServ weirdness

>I followed Paul's installation suggestions when installing the newest release

Well, I never said it wasn't at your own risk :)

>  but found something else:
>
>Go into your NPDS Setup package, tap on the Content tab, and uncheck 
>and recheck the "Insert CSS" (if you are using the built-in css for 
>your pages).  Apply this, and the Newton should start serving the 
>pages up more or less as they looked before.  However, there seems 
>to be some formatting differences.
>
>Also, the whole link back to the main page and the Note information 
>at the bottom of the Note does not seem to be included.
>
>Additionally, my pages do not serve well at all in iCab 2.5.3 on OS 
>X 10.1.  Mozilla looks fine, but in iCab pages are truncated!

Fixed:

28/10/2001 2.045
* Fixed a bug which lead to have no HTML formatting for notes 
(introduced with 2.044). [Josh: 20011027-10:12:45]
Transition from 2.044: you need to reboot & reconfigure (as usual, 
it's a problem in nHTTPd prefs management) and empty the cache.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:26:17 -0800
Subject: [NPDS] Re: NoteServ weirdness
From: Josh Burker <nospam_senorwences_at_mac_dot_com>

On Sunday, October 28, 2001, at 12:27 AM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> Fixed:
>
> 28/10/2001 2.045
> * Fixed a bug which lead to have no HTML formatting for notes 
> (introduced with 2.044). [Josh: 20011027-10:12:45]
> Transition from 2.044: you need to reboot & reconfigure (as usual, it's 
> a problem in nHTTPd prefs management) and empty the cache.
>
> Paul
>
Thanks!!

Josh

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: NoteServ weirdness
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:18:04 -0700
From: "Grant [Critical Shortage] Hutchinson" <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

>28/10/2001 2.045
>* Fixed a bug which lead to have no HTML formatting for notes 
>(introduced with 2.044). [Josh: 20011027-10:12:45]
>Transition from 2.044: you need to reboot & reconfigure (as usual, 
>it's a problem in nHTTPd prefs management) and empty the cache.

Lovely, as always. Thanks Paul.

g.

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #91
*************************