Subject: npds Digest V2 #65

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:11:20 +0200 (CEST)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Fri, 07 Sep 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 065

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Bugs, they taste good.
		[NPDS] Re: Bugs, they taste good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:15:42 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Bugs, they taste good.

>BTW, here are the latest BugTrap Reports w/ NPDS W 009ac
>http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$442.nsd not sure what this was about, I
>was asleep!

Weird, I thought this was fixed with 009ac. I'll look deeper into that.

>http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$444.nsd this -48809 appears almost every
>time I restart.

The -48809 you have here seems to be the one I used to have sometimes 
when pressing the UP button in the tracker client. I admit that I 
should have fixed it, but since I never got it on restarts, it wasn't 
annoying enough to make me spend time on it ;)

BTW, folks, these will probably be the last bugs I'll fix in NPDS 2.x.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:19:34 +0200
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Bugs, they taste good.

>I do find that every now and then the GIF Server gets munged up; usually
>this is associated with a crash of the GIF server as it serves a page.  I
>usually hear the "shutter" sound of the screen capture, then the Newton
>reboots.

I guess you're running the watcher. What's the checking interval? I'm 
sure it's too low. Set it to 1 or better 5 mins. I think that it 
should fix the problem.

Here's the story (again). The Watcher checks that the NS tasks goes 
idle often enough, and when you're processing a screen shot, it takes 
too long, and the Watcher's NS Task Checker thinks that the NS Task 
crashed (while it's just particularly busy serving the screen shot).

>Subsequent reboots and startups of NPDS, followed by a screen
>capture, would also crash the Newton.  I found that manually deleting the
>NPDS Storage from the Newton's storage would be what got it going again.

It can also be a problem of not enough free space on your Newton. How 
much free space do you have on the various mounted stores?

However, Alex experienced the problem you described and setting the 
checking interval to a higher value solved it.

Paul
-- 
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #65
*************************