Subject: npds Digest V2 #16

From: Listar <nospam_listar_at_ml.free_dot_fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:11:35 +0100 (CET)

------------------------------------
npds Digest	Thu, 15 Mar 2001	Volume: 02  Issue: 016

In This Issue:
		[NPDS] Re: Custom HTML templates for notes and dates?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Custom HTML templates for notes and dates?
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:53:11 -0700
From: Grant [Thick Black Spine] Hutchinson <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

Here's something for the wish list.

I would dearly love to have the ability to specify different (or at least 
be able to globally edit) HTML templates for the various NPDS-generated 
pages, including but not limited to:

/pager/index.html
/html/postnote.html
/dates/index.html
/dates/day.html
/dates/week.html
/dates/search.html
/traq/index.html

...etc.

As well as the 404 and invalid admin access error pages...

The fact that I can globally control the typography and page element 
colors via the style sheet is one thing, but table layout, page width, 
and page alignment properties are something else altogether.

How difficult would it be to allow access to even a subset of the 
internal HTML templating?

Grant

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:02:50 +0100
From: Paul Guyot <nospam_pguyot_at_kallisys_dot_net>
Subject: [NPDS] Re: Custom HTML templates for notes and dates?

À (At) 20:53 -0700 14/03/01, Grant [Thick Black Spine] Hutchinson 
écrivait (wrote) :
>Here's something for the wish list.

Well, in fact it's already planned.
http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/html/NPDS%20Development%20Plan
...
Note Server
	...
	Templates for standard pages (such as 404)

>How difficult would it be to allow access to even a subset of the
>internal HTML templating?

Well, it would be rather easy. It will be included in the next release.

Paul
-- 
http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080
                       Does ATA Support 0.1a2 work with your ATA card(s)?
                                      http://www.kallisys.com/newton/ata/

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Re: Custom HTML templates for notes and dates?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:14:40 -0700
From: Grant [Somebody Here] Hutchinson <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

In a previous message, Paul Guyot typed vigorously:

>Well, in fact it's already planned.
>http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/html/NPDS%20Development%20Plan

Good news. I was pretty sure I read through that document, but I must 
have missed it while skimming. I also like the mention of "* General use 
of icons for Newton look". This is referring to the served page and not 
just the user interface of the program, correct?

>>How difficult would it be to allow access to even a subset of the
>>internal HTML templating?
>
>Well, it would be rather easy. It will be included in the next release.

I can't wait. Thanks Paul.

Grant

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

Subject: [NPDS] Server stops accepting connections? [Was: Memory leaks on a MP2
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:07:38 -0700
From: Grant [Somebody Here] Hutchinson <nospam_grant_at_splorp_dot_com>

I decided that the rest of this thread should probably move to this list.

In a previous message on another list Paul Filmer typed:

>I have installed HeapMagic, and de-activated Avi's -
>I'll see if my NPDS server survives the night.

I installed Heap Magic too, and the system seems to have stabilized a bit 
and is no longer freezing. The automatic garbage collection seems to be 
working fairly well.

However... NPDS just stops accepting http connections after a while. It 
hasn't hung up, as I can still access all the plug-ins and prefs 
settings. My ethernet adapter and the DSL modem lights indicate that I 
have a proper connection. I can ping and traceroute the IP, but can't 
access the server via a browser.

Stopping and starting the server (without exiting the app) seems to clear 
up the problem. Is there any way I could monitor this using the log file 
or a debugger?

Would a low latency setting have any bearing on this problem?

Grant

......................................................................

Grant Hutchinson                       Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996.    http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings.    http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain.    http://www.splorp.com/newton/

------------------------------

End of npds Digest V2 #16
*************************